Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day Two- Shopping, shopping and more shopping

So Day Two was all about the shopping! There are currrently New Year sales on in major stores at the moment, so it's a GREAT time to go to Japan girls (and guys). The chain stores here are amazing- there's Topshop, H&M, Forever 21(!) and countless others. What's great about each of these stores is thatthere's a men's floor, so Nam and I split up, so I don't have to bore him with all of the girly crap... but inevitably, we meet up and I have about a hundred things to buy/try on to Nam's one thing... (and I haven't even gotten to the next floor od women's clothing yet) But, in my defense, usually, there's only one floor of guys stuff and two or three ladies floors. Anyway, Nam and I loved Shibuya, which is one of the major shopping districts in Japan. Nam really got into the shopping, probably because he can actually fid stuff that fits him well, so he's stocking up... oh oh oh, there's Zara here (one of my favourite favourite shops that we went to when I went to Europe) AND there's a Zara Man, which is great!!!! Nam picked up some really cool shirts.

Shibuya crossing: (I think the largest pedestrian crossing in Japan)






From up above

We also saw the statue of Hatchiko, which is a statue if a dog. The story goes that Hatchiko was a really loyal dog who waited for his master to the train station every morning, and then after his master died, Hatchiko kept going to wait for him for 11 years after that!! (cute)



Evidently, hatchiko statue is the Japanese equivalent of Town Hall steps- everyone goes there to meet friends!

Anyway, must dash, will continue Day 2 later- it's time for breakfast and teh Day 3 adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment