Friday, December 18, 2009

Huzzah- I've finally finished my assignments!

After taking a DIL and another study day, I finally finished my assignments on Wednesday! Am feeling a bit proud, that I managed to cram a whole summer school subject's worth of assignments in, in a few weeks, but on the downside, I think the qual was a bit shit really... Oh well!

Only 2 more sleeps to go! We got our traveller's cheques and exchanged some dollars for yen, the other day, which was a bit exciting, and I went to this random 'self-service room' in Clarence Street, which is a room with lots of brochures about Japan. It was quite handy, albeit a surreal experience. The room is on Level 7, in an office block, and after you traipse around for half an hour trying to find the street number, (almost walking up to the Harbour Bridge in the process), and go up in the lift, it opens out into a tiny room, chock full of travel brochures, maps etc, and that's it, except for a very tranquil water feature?? There's no one there, hence the name I guess... v handy cause I picked up a Japan Rail timetable, so we can work out where the hell we're going.

We've also been seeing everybody before we go, and still scrambling to get the Christmas shopping done- last chance is tomorrow morning, where we'll go to Everleigh Markets to stock up on scrummy foodstuffs for fam and friends. This is after we went last week, and bought some smoked ocean trout rilletes, (for Nam's Mum!), and then opened it and ate it! No regrets, cause it was so delicious, but now we have to go back and buy a replacement! Hey, someone has to test for quality control.... (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

Nam also bought me a new digital camera for Christmas, so we can take it on hols with us. It's a Canon Ixus 120I5 and it's super sexy. And being the true Asian that I am, I have already almost maxed out the memory card.. haha. No not quite, but I have taken a lot of pics already (in two days).

Here are just a few:

Dinner at Spice I Am

Getting ready for karaoke in Japan!

Nam, rocking out to Sweet Child of Mine



Opening Christmas presents

The Country Women's Association Cookbook! Thanks Caths!! I can't wait to make Elsie's Fingers, Pineapple Wheel Cake, Giblet Soup and of course, lamingtons!!!!

And finally, because today was my last day at Health Sciences, and we were celebrating the last day of work before Christmas, morning tea at Health Sciences:

No comments:

Post a Comment